Sunday 16 December 2012

Sunday Seasonal Style

Back in August when I started this VV Boutique adventure, I was already looking forward to the challenge of finding a Christmas festivity ensemble... As it turned out, both my and my hubby's work parties were low key lunch affairs so no party dress required.  Boo.  Our other Christmas affairs were also pretty casual, like our fun line-up today: the kids' Sunday School concert and family party with friends!  I thought I would dress up a little from my usual Sunday jeans...
Vintage Bordeaux velvet blazer $8 VV Boutique
"Statement" necklace $3 VV Boutique
From my closet: Striped Calvin Klein dress from Winners, 
Oxmo leggings, Miz Mooz boots and bangles. 
 
I love each of the three key pieces of this ensemble - the dress, the blazer and the necklace and I loved how they came together! 
It surprises me how versatile the velvet blazer is - comfortable and classy.  Maybe just maybe Stacy and Clinton know what they're talking about when they tell every single woman to get a blazer...
Maybe just maybe I'm a slow style learner!

I also love that just ten bucks from VV Boutique can invigorate my wardrobe and help me celebrate the season in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!