Wednesday 3 July 2013

Maxi Meets Graphic Tee

Before there was a nerdy Tiger tee, there was another cat.  You see, I have been hunting for statement or graphic tees for some time.  I wasn't really sure what I was looking for except that I'd know it when I tried it on.  I scoured all the sizes in the women's and men's sections of VV Boutique and finally found this one:
American Apparel graphic tee $7 VV Boutique

It turns out that Red Cat Records looks like a pretty cool real thing!  Phew.  I tried it on with a few different pieces when I first got it...
I followed the advice of the Mixed Up Files for styling a graphic tee: with a jacket or a skirt. 

I have worn it a few times already, though - gasp - I haven't blogged it yet!  I wore it to a fab Top Chef party:
I may have lost Top Chef, but I looked cool.

Then, I wore it with my U.P. cardi to my friend's deck party the full moon before last...
You've seen this before if you follow me on Instagram.

And today, I wore it over one of my three maxi dresses.  I love the contrast of the edgy tee and the girly skirt.  I love red and green together!
 My spiky bracelet was the perfect rock 'n roll complement.

Pairing a graphic tee with a maxi dress is a great way to get more mileage out of the dress without resorting to a cardigan or chambray.  Not that there's anything wrong with that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!