Orange pants $3
Fuchsia belt $4
All from VV Boutique
Wrist band courtesy of I forgot I still had it on.
You might be thinking, but that looks like crap. Well, by the end of the night, fair enough, it was a bit wrinkly, but here's why it fit the occasion:
- colourful - toddlers/preschoolers/style bloggers like bright
- easy to get into while still slightly damp (me, not the clothes)
- forgiving, thus able to accommodate supper, cake and chips without feeling constricted
- speaking of chips, orange pants are munchie-mix friendly especially for those times when *some people's husbands* steal your napkin
- these pants are cute rolled, which is what you need navigating family change rooms
- layered - you never know if it's going to be chilly or sweltering in those party rooms or when you might forget to pack your 5yo a shirt leaving you no choice but to try and convince him that your layering tank looks *exactly* like a muscle shirt until another friend thankfully coughs up a jammie top and saves the day
- not too matchy matchy but not too mixed up - I wanted my ensemble to be interesting but not so out there that other people's relatives would wonder who brought the weird girl
This is the "Guess what else I forgot to bring" jig.
I forgot panties. Yep.
Keep calm and party on.(Including panties - may I never take them for granted again!)