Believe it or not, I have nothing similar in my shoe wardrobe!
These have a unique round heel - so pretty!
I hadn't intended on beige suede loafers with my ensemble today. All I was trying to do was copy Elisa Nalin's ugly-pretty sweater look...
This sweater reminded me of my ugly-pretty cardi so I decided to use Elisa's look as inspiration. I note that she has contrasting colours, different shades and hues of two colours (red and blue). Except, I didn't feel like
shaving my legs wearing tights wearing a skirt today so instead, I just picked the pants that I would least likely wear with my cardi.
Gifted thrifted cardi
Mint pants $3.50, sheer white blouse $2.50 VV Boutique
Mint/green is a contrasting colour to red/rust after all.
Another day, another blackout! I'm loving how this challenge is forcing me to be more creative, to use more of my closet! And how it brought me Kate Spade shoes.
Today, Sarah of Sarah's Real Life kicked of her Black Out Style Challenge with a pretty neutral outfit and statement earrings! Most of last week's challengers kept with it this week too! Here is the official BlackOut List for Week Two:
- Erin of Loop Looks
- Joelle of Clothes But Not Quite
- Shannon of She Does Create - designer of the awesome foxy prize for one lucky participant!
- Claire of Flatter:Me Belts is representing for China
- Andie of Just Another Smith
- Chantal Y.
Click when you can to check out the participating bloggers (We all love comments, so leave one. Merci) and follow me on Twitter and Instagram for even more #BlackOutStyle inspiration and camaraderie!
The Black Out Style Challenge is ON like donkey kong for another two weeks, so feel free to join in the fun any time! Or are you scared? (I am talking like a ten-year-old tonight) Hope not, because there's a fab prize up for grabs for everyone who participates! The more you do, the more entries you get, but if you want to be official, here are the "schmules" (can we really call them rules at this point?):
- wear anything but black (lucky you if your closet is full of navy)
- you are allowed two-ish passes per week - for hosiery, footwear, or a subtle pattern including black
- for every week you go without wearing black and sticking to 2 passes max, you get an entry to win the grand prize
- for every week you pass on the passes, you get a BONUS entry!
Somehow Black Out Style has given January exactly the zing I was hoping for! I am issuing challenges within challenges and wearing all my brights in winter! You don't want to miss the fun! What are you waiting for? Put those black pants away and start a revolution wherever you're headed this week!