Wednesday 31 October 2012

Big Hair, Bad Roots and Blue Satin - My Halloween Costume from VV Boutique

As I sit here eating my kids' Halloween bounty, I'm a little relieved that the day is done and my VV Boutique can return to what I think is its true glory (in my humble opinion!) - great finds at great prices for everyday style.  However, I do acknowledge that Value Village is known for good reason for their awesome Halloween costume and decor selection.  Naturally, my costume came from VV Boutique!
Timeless Beauty
 You're jealous, I know.  

I actually had a few different costumes (this one wasn't exactly preschool appropriate, though last year, some moms thought a skimpy cocktail dress was preschool appropriate as long as you had wings and green eyeliner), but I wore this one to an adult-in-disguise family party!  Preparing for it, I tried on this blue satin number that I purchased from VV Boutique way back in 2003 when a group of friends and I went together as a "White Trash Wedding Party."     
 
 Here I am as bridesmaid - complete with side ponytail, bad posture and missing teeth -
 with my husband who was the HOT groom! 

2003 was a long time ago my friends.  Since then, I gained 50+ pounds with each of my three pregnancies and this blue satin number has sat in the dress-up clothes with little hope of ever fitting over my rear end.  But lo and behold, when I went to try it on recently just for funsies, it fit!  My 2-year-old daughter looked up at me and said, "Mommy you're beautiful.  How'd you do that?"  Must be the dress!
 
If ya got it, flaunt it.

She doesn't know anything about trends or style, but she knows a beautiful dress (and a beautiful mommy!) when she sees one!  Wise girl.

1 comment:

  1. I would’ve really loved to see your Halloween hair as well, Nicole. Do you still have photos? :)
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!