Friday 13 February 2015

Comic Book Skirt

I've come to terms with the fact that I have an eclectic style.  I like vintage pieces, mod metallic pieces, classic pieces, stripes, skirts, fun prints, basic black and everything in between.  When I go thrifting, I hunt for staple pieces but am always on the lookout for interesting finds and every once in a while, I TOTALLY SCORE!
http://photos-e.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10817574_386397091517972_1732091549_n.jpg

I found this comic-book-print skirt in November, then moved into strictly-dresses Dressember, then into Black Out Style January so I only finally wore this skirt yesterday and for a good cause... but not before I wore it to work!
Black merino wool top $5, Michael Kors blazer gifted but thrifted for $7, cobalt bracelet $2.10 VV Boutique
Tights, necklace and Miz Mooz boots from my closet

Now, I realize this isn't the, er, most professional look ever but I work in preschool with kids in love with comic book heroes, so if not there then where?!  I prof'd it up with the blazer and black, and purposefully wore my workhorse boots rather than anything that might be too Jessica Rabbit sexy. 
I am a professional...
I also wear fun words on my rear end on occasion.

Later that day, I had the good fortune of going out on a real live dinner-and-movie date with my hubby to celebrate our birthdays and Valentine's Day - the perfect opportunity for Day to Play looks!
Chambray $6 Salvation Army Thrift Shop
Clarks booties $13 VV Boutique
Just One yellow necklace
Chambray is the great neutralizer, the perfect yin to any pencil-skirt-yang!

I knotted my shirt, let my hair down and did the 80's styling trick of shaking it upside-down.  That's about all the sexifying I could muster after a long day's work! 
Luckily, this skirt can hold its own!

It was an awesome inaugural wear for an AWESOME $2.50 skirt!
BOOM!  KAPOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!