Wednesday 9 April 2014

Looking Lucky - Florals

So, I've been working my way through Spring trends for the Looking Lucky Fashion Challenge with Sarah's Real Life and her local collaborator Brandi of Lucky B Boutique.  So far I've embraced local love, tried tribal print (twice!) and used Monday to get cropped over with.  Despite the snow still left at my place, it has been quite nice (relatively speaking) so I couldn't resist florals any longer!

There has been some debate (okay, I saw one tweet) about whether florals are a true trend.  I don't even know what that means and I don't much care.  What I do know is that there was a time that I balked at floral print in any format and now I have three hundred and seventy five floral pieces.  I think that means it's trending for me.
 Sweatshirt $5 and skirt $3.50 from VV Boutique
Skechers shoes from my closet

I got all wild and crazy and mixed my floral prints there...
Which leads me to an important point: florals look floral-y when they're too matchy-matchy.  So resist the urge to match exactly and instead try mixing prints in some way or pairing your florals with a contrasting colour.  I will certainly be doing that with my other 373 floral pieces. 
This skirt has one pocket which is just enough to hold a tissue and my phone.
Such pretty details on this unique sweater.  
When my sis says "it looks Anthro" I snatch it up.
So happy to be in a skirt with bare legs taking pics outdoors!


1 comment:

  1. That sweater is really cute! I love that it has fancy detailing to dress it up, yet it's still a sweater so I bet it's super cozy on chilly days! Cute look. I like it! I've tried mixing florals a few times, but so far it just hasn't looked right. Maybe I just don't have enough in my closet to choose from yet... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!