Thursday 27 March 2014

Mint and Mustard

Despite the lack of blogging this week, if you follow me on Instagram, you know I've not only been keeping up my Pinspired March project, but also have been killing the posesTake that however you will.  Today I finally gave up on going bare-legged in March and decided to wear tights with an Elisa Nalin look that I pinned way back:
Pin from this lovely compilation of Elisa Nalin looks...
Sorry Elisa, you know how much I love you, but if I try a head scarf I will instantly age 10 years.

As soon as I saw this pin, I knew my French Connection mint cardi and mustard high-low dress would be perfect for replicating the look.  I do have shoes like Elisa's (but worse), but they're my wedding shoes from 1999 and are now in the dress up bin where they belong.  Instead, I threw on tights, and if it's going to snow and be freezing on March 27, I'm going to go with winter hounds-tooth. Sigh. 
Maybe one day my 6yo will be known for his angled photographic style... 
His name is Ansel so that should give him some photographer cred right there.

I was pleased to have the chance to wear these $2.10 thrifted earrings.  They have a vintage lady-like vibe and are similar to minty happiness from Modcloth (for $13!!). 
YES you can thrift earrings.  Just clean them with rubbing alcohol!

Despite the tights, it was a good outfit for my last day of work before "spring" break!!  Woot woot!  Before Elisa, before Pinterest, Before Thrifting (BT), I would never had paired these pieces or these colours!  But I am happy I did!    
$9.10 French Connection cardi, $13 mustard dress, $4 fuchsia belt, $2.10 earrings all from VV Boutique
Tights and Miz Mooz pumps from my closet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!