Saturday 8 March 2014

I Am Not A Tory Burch Model

My Splurge Sorority met last night and the hostess challenged us all to recreate Pinterest looks in a Hunger-Games-esque style competition.  Luckily for me, I had my 3yo date with me so I left early and made it out alive.  It was fun to pass the phones around and see how everyone brought their Pinspiration to life!  Congratulations to Susan for not only copying a Pinterest look, but adding to it for extra style points!  You looked awesome!  You stole my prize deserved to win.

Since it was an indoor event, I chose my Pinspiration from amongst the 75 looks I tried then rejected the other morning when it was bitterly cold...  I was inspired by this pin from Tory Burch, so I did my best to recreate the look, which I think turned out pretty well, my modeling notwithstanding...
Where is my makeup artist, lighting assistant, wind assistant, photographer (no offense Beth), and, er, youth?!!

Notably, Ms. Perfect's pieces cost:
  • dress $147.50
  • cardi $162.50
  • belt $115.50
  • boots $367.50
  • facial expression priceless
  • TOTAL:  $793.00
My pieces cost:
I don't know about you, but I don't think there's a $763.80 difference in my version, Tory Burch notwithstanding.  AND my pieces are one-of-a-kind vintage!  No one else will have these pieces and that's not because they cost a mortgage payment!  It's because thrifting is awesome.
I would not have paired these pieces together without you, Pinterest!
Love love LOVE this pattern mixing!

I will wait for the day when I find Tory Burch at VV Boutique and until then be satisfied with my thrifted interpretation! 
And I'm going to smile, so much easier than trying to look like a Tory Burch model.


7 comments:

  1. Haha this is awesome! Love the outfit! Love the expression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karlynn! I will say, the whole posing thing gives me new respect for Tyra and ANTM. Gurl. Wait, that's trying to hard, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Tyra would say "smile with your eyes"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in love with this particular outfit, but you always manage to pull them off very nicely. I like the pieces better from the links you provided in the breakdown, and I love the dress on it's own, however it did look awesome with the teal cardi as well. Happy HumpDay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Amy! I bet I would LOVE the real deal Tory Burch pieces (!) - even when the result isn't my fave, I still enjoy the challenge of using thrifted pieces to interpret other looks, and how Pinterest is making me try things I wouldn't otherwise consider!

      Delete
    2. I am always very impressed with the looks you pull together - I always feel like when I'm trying anything out of my "box" I look more like a clown, which generally isn't a good look for me, lol.

      Delete

Comments make my day!