Friday 18 July 2014

Thrifting Itinerary

Tomorrow is the big day!  The Edmonton Value Village Shop Hop is here!
These passports will be available at all of the VV Boutiques and if you make it to all six, you will get 30% off another purchase before the end of July.  In preparation for this epic day of shopping, I am carb loading as I write and recommend the same for you (thrifting is my cardio).  My rough itinerary is as follows:
11:00 - Sherwood Park
12:30 - Northeast
2:00 - Downtown
3:30 - Mayfield Common
5:00 - Whyte Ave
6:30 - 34th Ave

My specific timeline will depend on the treasures at each location and the traffic in between!  If you happen to be in the same place at the same time as me, please say HI!  Tweet me or tag me on Instagram.  I am always happy to connect with other thrifters, especially for the first ever Thrifting Shop Hop!  Just in case you need a taste of why thrifting is awesome, take a look at the $2 dress I wore today... 
 
Happened to score this at the Goodwill in Great Falls, but I have a closet full of thrifted pieces that tell the same story!
This is a faux-wrap dress - same slimming effect, no chance of accidental flashings.
AND it's in my comfort colour - gray!

For anyone new to VV Boutique Style, I should clarify that I am not officially affiliated with Value Village though I love love love shopping there and at all second hand stores.  I am just a thrifting enthusiast and want to share the thrifting love!  I am not an official "host" of the Shop Hop though I am thrilled to participate!  I hope people have as much fun as I have tomorrow and leave you with a few thrifting tips to make the most out of your day:
  • be prepared - wear a tank top so you can quickly try tops on, wear slip on comfortable shoes and take a little snack to keep your energy up!  Thrifting is like a treasure hunt, so you often have to dig to find the goods.
  • have an idea in mind what you're looking for - for example, I have a Pinterest Hunting List - but keep an open mind to other treasures you might find along the way
  • if you're going for short stops like I am tomorrow, don't try to cover the whole store in an hour!  Focus on a specific section then browse past the other sections to see what catches your eye.
  • look at the piece, not the size on the tag!  Look a size above and below your usual.  My beautiful Anthro-esque dress was tagged as a size 3-4!  I haven't been a size 3 since grade 3 but I was looking for maxi dresses and looked at the garment not the tag and had a pretty good idea it would fit when I saw it on the hanger.
  • put any potentials in your cart as you drive by, and don't think you'll come back for them because they might just be gone before you get back!  Grab first, try on, and then edit your selections.
If you come out for the Shop Hop and need some thrifting or styling advice, please get in touch!  And if you wrap up around 7:30 - 8:00ish on the South Side, you are welcome to join me and fellow Shop Hoppers at Chili's to review the spoils of our hunt and have a well-deserved margarita!

Last thing, if all goes as planned, I will be mobile blogging and updating as I go along!  So check into VV Boutique Style throughout the day!  Hope to see YOU tomorrow at Value Village!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!