rough itinerary is as follows:
12:30 - Northeast
2:00 - Downtown
3:30 - Mayfield Common
5:00 - Whyte Ave
6:30 - 34th Ave
My specific timeline will depend on the treasures at each location and the traffic in between! If you happen to be in the same place at the same time as me, please say HI! Tweet me or tag me on Instagram. I am always happy to connect with other thrifters, especially for the first ever Thrifting Shop Hop! Just in case you need a taste of why thrifting is awesome, take a look at the $2 dress I wore today...
Happened to score this at the Goodwill in Great Falls, but I have a closet full of thrifted pieces that tell the same story!
This is a faux-wrap dress - same slimming effect, no chance of accidental flashings.
AND it's in my comfort colour - gray!
For anyone new to VV Boutique Style, I should clarify that I am not officially affiliated with Value Village though I love love love shopping there and at all second hand stores. I am just a thrifting enthusiast and want to share the thrifting love! I am not an official "host" of the Shop Hop though I am thrilled to participate! I hope people have as much fun as I have tomorrow and leave you with a few thrifting tips to make the most out of your day:
- be prepared - wear a tank top so you can quickly try tops on, wear slip on comfortable shoes and take a little snack to keep your energy up! Thrifting is like a treasure hunt, so you often have to dig to find the goods.
- have an idea in mind what you're looking for - for example, I have a Pinterest Hunting List - but keep an open mind to other treasures you might find along the way
- if you're going for short stops like I am tomorrow, don't try to cover the whole store in an hour! Focus on a specific section then browse past the other sections to see what catches your eye.
- look at the piece, not the size on the tag! Look a size above and below your usual. My beautiful Anthro-esque dress was tagged as a size 3-4! I haven't been a size 3 since grade 3 but I was looking for maxi dresses and looked at the garment not the tag and had a pretty good idea it would fit when I saw it on the hanger.
- put any potentials in your cart as you drive by, and don't think you'll come back for them because they might just be gone before you get back! Grab first, try on, and then edit your selections.
Last thing, if all goes as planned, I will be mobile blogging and updating as I go along! So check into VV Boutique Style throughout the day! Hope to see YOU tomorrow at Value Village!