Wednesday 11 March 2015

Easy DRESSing

If you've been following VV Boutique Style for any length of time, you know I love dresses.  Dresses to me are public nightgowns - comfortable, functional and easy to wear!  Since starting this thrifting adventure, my dress collection has grown considerably!  It's not my fault.  When one finds oneself face to face with a great dress for only $4, what else is one to do but snatch it up quickly before anyone else gets it buy it?  Such was the case for this blue-print shift dress from the Hope Missions Bargain Shoppe, styling Pinspired by Audrey of Putting Me Together...
The dress really was $4!  
Chie Mahara booties $7, wide woven belt $3.50 from VV Boutique
Teal tights and cardi are handmedowns!  That counts as secondhand too!

In reality, I probably stand nearly a foot taller than Audrey, which may explain my dress is so much shorter!  In reality, I couldn't NOT wear accessories though my pinspiration wasn't wearing any...
Mix of She Does Create and thrifted!

In reality, when I went to leave the house and couldn't find the scarf I had in mind, I made a last minute swap of tights and boots.  And I ditched the belt to drop the hemline an inch or two...
Here I am at the Fire Hall field trip.
Snuck in a little "fashion blogger pose" while one of the class moms took a shot of all of us with the fire truck.
#winning

I could easily style this dress 20 different ways off the top of my head, no pinspiration necessary!  Great piece at a great price makes for easy (stylish and comfortable) dressing!
HECK YEAH I did "stop drop and roll" with all the other four year olds!
(*my four has a 1 after it)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!