Sunday 15 September 2013

Crop for the Cure

I have come to the conclusion that blogging is like an ongoing digital scrapbook.  You crop and edit photos, add captions and journaling...  That is scrapbooking; that is sharing stories and I love it any way you call it.  

This weekend I had a blast at "Crop for the Cure."  This fabulous event organized by survivor Cathy Hopcraft has been running for 6 years: 10 different crops raising between $2000 - $4000 each time for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  I don't go every time but when I can, I get tons done, meet new friends, visit with old friends, eat well and, of course, win door prizes.  The highlight of the crop is the Pink Out contest and photo on Saturday night.  I happened to have the perfect thrifted piece for the occasion...
Tommy Hilfiger top $4.90 VV Boutique
Scarf, jeans and shoes also from VV Boutique

I snagged this awesome top in perfect condition because of the hot fall trend colour, which I happen to love all the time, trend or not.  You may think it's a bold colour, but it's really only bold if you wear it like this:
These ladies endorse a cause near and dear to husbands everywhere.
This is how I get my pink on...

I figured the Pink Out was a good reason to briefly break my mix not match September pledge, so I choose coordinating pink accessories.
Hope bracelet and earrings by She Does Create.
You knew this was coming.
Bathroom selfie.

This crop is bound to be positive when you're surrounded by women who embody the faith, courage and strength it takes to battle breast cancer and keep on not just living, but thriving.

I was moved seeing the Sea of Pink walking out for the traditional Pink Out photo.

And here we are, showing our Pink Love...
Full grown pink sock monkeys take the prize.

Great weekend, great cause!  If anyone would like to be added to the email list to be notified of upcoming Crops for the Cure, contact Cathy.  Thanks for the good time, Cathy!

4 comments:

  1. wow!
    thats quite the collection of pink outfits...

    who was the winner?
    i see lots of potentials...but wouldnt be able to pick the 'best'

    looks like a great time
    cheers
    su :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock monkeys were the winners but the baseball ladies get a special shout out for planning months in advance!

      Delete
  2. looks like it was a fun night!

    this is a topic that has been on my mind and my heart a lot lately. such a heartbreaking disease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Kim, but it is inspiring to see so many women with such a great attitude. And raise money to boot!

      Delete

Comments make my day!