Monday 20 May 2013

Camping Wardrobe Essentials

I am Canadian.  I camp on the May long weekend.  At least, this year I did.  It was a great weekend, made even better with two "camping shirts," as I've dubbed them, recently purchased from VV Boutique!  I risk revealing my glamorous life to share them with you now.
Hurley top $2, MEC skirt $5
Hurley in action here - paddling then helping me enjoy a coffee crisp s'more.
This Joe plaid top $2.50 from VV Boutique
helped me on not one but two family expeditions.

What exactly classifies as a camping shirt according to moi?  Lightweight, patterned to hide the inevitable grime, roomy to camouflage any effects of the camping diet (see above) and long to cover my butt crack when I paddle.  Like I said, glamorous.  But what really sold me on these two tops, besides the awesome price, were the pockets!  Both have roomy pockets that sit below my life jacket and held my phone, ample supply of tissue, camera, candy!  Camping wardrobe perfection!   

These two shirts got to experience some cool stuff...
 My 5yo thought we were hired by Hudson's Bay for real.
Wish I had something to scale here because that my friends is a deer pelvis.
Which is considerably smaller than my pelvis.  Who knew?
 Loon guarding her nest.  You don't see that every day.

We have some other camping trips planned this summer and you can bet I will be rocking these shirts every time.  For as many days in a row as I can get away with.  It's all part of the glamour.
Trailer bathroom photography.  Of course.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! Can't wait! From beaver lodges to Body Worlds!! Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!